Milk Protein


Last update date: November 08, 2023

Milk protein is a good source of protein. It is necessary for repairing body tissues & preserving them. For some people too much milk protein isolate may cause digestive issues.

Frequently Asked Questions


What kind of protein is in milk?

There are two types of milk proteins; casein and whey. Casein makes up 80% of milk proteins and is considered a slow protein. It forms clumps in the stomach, making it harder to digest and causing a delay in the release of amino acids. While whey protein makes up the remaining 20% of milk proteins. It is easily digested and absorbed in the body unlike casein and hence is referred to as a fast protein.


What is positive impact of Milk Protein?

Milk protein supports muscle growth and development It promotes weight loss and fat burning It also strengthens bones and promotes bone health Milk protein supports weight management and aids in appetite control It assists in reducing fat mass and preserving lean muscle mass


What is negative impact of Milk Protein?

Excessive consumption of milk proteins may increase the risk of certain cancers, especially breast, ovarian, and prostate. It may contribute to the progression of arthritis and chronic inflammation More than sufficient consumption may lead to chronic digestive issues such as constipation, diarrhoea, and long-term Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).


Who should avoid Milk Protein?

Individuals dealing with milk protein allergy should avoid milk protein consumption through any of its sources. People with cow's milk protein intolerance should strictly avoid milk protein in any form


What foods are rich in milk protein?

Common sources of milk protein include milk and dairy products such as cheese and yogurt Milk powder and protein supplements also contain milk protein Protein powder and shakes often contain milk protein as an ingredient


Which milk has high protein?

Sheep milk has higher protein as compared to cow and goat milk.

Contact-background image

Still have doubts?

Don’t worry we got you!

Contact Us