Last update date: November 07, 2023

Keeping bones strong is the primary function performed by Calcium. It is also required by the body to move muscles and carry messages between the brain and parts of the body, through the nerves.

Frequently Asked Questions


What is Calcium?

Calcium is an important mineral that plays multiple roles in your body. While it is commonly known for its role in promoting healthy bones and teeth, it also contributes to other essential functions. Approximately 99% of the calcium in your body is stored in your bones, while the remaining 1% is found in blood, muscles, and other tissues. In addition to supporting bone health, calcium assists in blood clotting, muscle contraction, and regulating heart rhythms and nerve functions. 74 percent human generated


What calcium does do for the body?

Calcium serves several beneficial purposes in your body. These include: Bone Health: Calcium is crucial for the development, growth, and maintenance of your bones and teeth. It helps to keep them strong and healthy. Muscle Contraction: Calcium plays a key role in regulating muscle contractions, allowing them to move and function properly. Cardiovascular System: Calcium is essential for blood clotting, which is vital for wound healing and preventing excessive bleeding. Consuming enough calcium may also lead to a lower risk of developing conditions involving high blood pressure during pregnancy and improved cholesterol values.


What is negative impact of Calcium?

When consumed in recommended amounts of about 1000-1200 mg daily, calcium is generally safe. However, excessive intake of calcium can have negative effects, including: Constipation: Taking too much calcium can lead to constipation, making it difficult to have regular bowel movements. Kidney Strain: Excessive calcium intake can put a burden on your kidneys as they work harder to filter out the excess. This may cause excessive thirst and frequent urination. Bone and Muscle Issues: Overconsumption of calcium can result in bone pain and muscle weakness. It is important to maintain a balance to prevent these symptoms. Brain Function: Excessive calcium levels in the blood (hypercalcemia) can interfere with brain function, leading to confusion, lethargy, and fatigue.


Who should avoid Calcium?

While calcium is generally beneficial for most individuals, there are certain cases where caution is advised. If you have a history of kidney stones or kidney disease, it is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before increasing your calcium intake. Additionally, individuals who are lactose intolerant or have milk allergies should explore alternative sources of calcium. 61% humanize


What food is highest in calcium?

Here are some additional calcium-rich foods, including beans and lentils, that you can add to your diet: Milk: Milk, especially cow's milk, is a well-known source of calcium and is commonly consumed for its calcium content. Soy Milk: Soy milk is a great alternative to dairy milk, especially for those who are lactose intolerant or follow a vegan diet. It is often fortified with calcium to provide an adequate amount of this essential mineral. Seeds: Incorporating seeds like sesame seeds and chia seeds into your meals or snacks can contribute to your calcium intake. Beans and Lentils: Beans and lentils not only provide fibers, proteins, and other nutrients but some varieties are also rich in calcium. Soybeans, green beans, red millets, and peas are examples of beans and lentils that contain significant amounts of calcium. Including these in your diet can help meet your calcium requirements.


What happens when there is a lack of calcium in the body?

Lack of calcium levels in the body can result in severe fatigue, energy loss, and an overall feeling of sluggishness. It can also lead to insomnia.

Contact-background image

Still have doubts?

Don’t worry we got you!

Contact Us